LinkedIn is more than just a place where you find opportunities; it’s a place where opportunities find you.
Did you know that LinkedIn redirects four times as many users to company pages as Facebook and Twitter?
Everything you want in your business, whether it’s exposure, leads, business or engagement all starts with growing your business, and what better way to do this than through LinkedIn – a social media platform that is dedicated for professionals.
So, if you don't yet have a LinkedIn strategy, where do you get started?
First you start by creating a company page. This will help you gain access to additional features that enhance your visibility.
It’s important that you start to see your page as an extension of your business website and use it to display great graphics, products and services, web articles and even job opportunities.
Here are more tips to help you get the most out of your LinkedIn page.
- Complete your LinkedIn profile: Most people fill in half of their profiles and never really finish it. To have a profile that stands out share your story, add your credentials, tell people who and how you help other businesses.
- Connect with everyone: LinkedIn is a great tool for connecting with likeminded professionals. Instead of only connecting with your colleagues consider branching out and reaching out to industry professionals, executives and managers. This will give your profile more credibility and increase your reach.
- Endorse and recommend other people. The right endorsements can go a long way in helping you establish your professional network. What you also might want to do is endorse and recommend your colleagues as well. This will show that you care and are in tune with the people you work with.
- Create your own special group: We all have topics we’re experts in, so consider creating a group to discuss these. On the group you should start writing about issues that are being discussed by your company, your competitors, and your customers. The idea is that people are talking about these issues, which means they have questions. When they ask those questions, you want them to find your answers.
- Join groups: You can join up to 50 groups at one time. Groups expand your network to the maximum amount, and make it easier to connect with others. Did you know you can easily send a connection invitation to anyone who is in the same group as you?
- Search and filter: identify influencers and decision maker on LinkedIn and make sure you connect with them. The worst that could happen is that they accept you and you can tap into their wealth of knowledge.
- Showcase pages: Build extensions of your company page to highlight your different offerings. As mentioned before LinkedIn needs to be a reflection of your website.
Now that you are equipped with these tools, head over to your LinkedIn, follow these easy steps and let us know if it works for you.